Every student experiences meaningful personalized learning that enables him or her to thrive in college, career and civic life.
By delivering innovative education approaches and advancing aligned policies, KnowledgeWorks activates and develops the capacity of communities and educators to imagine, build and sustain vibrant learning ecosystems that allow each student to thrive.
Through our portfolio of school and community approaches, we provide innovative tools, training and assistance to school leaders, teachers and community stakeholders.
Our Work Happens in Three Related Parts
- We change the way teaching and learning happens in our schools though EDWorks early college high schools and competency-based education. We work to develop and help administrators and teachers implement innovative and more effective learning environments.
- We help community leaders build civic infrastructure to develop accountability, deliver resources, and sustain reform within a community through StriveTogether. StriveTogether assists in the creation of a shared community vision and empowers stakeholders to organize action and investment around data and evidence.
- We educate legislators, policy makers, educators, business leaders and the community at large on future trends in teaching and learning, on the need for change, on potential policies to adopt, and on the mechanisms needed to implement these ideas.
We Act As a Social Enterprise
KnowledgeWorks has transformed from involved grant maker to social enterprise. Instead of writing checks and collecting grant reports, KnowledgeWorks supports the work of schools through EDWorks early college high schools and competency-based education, and communities through the work of StriveTogether. These not-for-profit subsidiaries provide strategic assistance, coaching and other valuable services directly to school and community leaders across the country. Our work is funded in nearly equal parts from their fee-for-service consulting work, our financial portfolio and funding partners. This mix of support enables us to achieve real impact on a national scale.
Our Core Values
Passion | we inspire others to act
- Pursue goals with unrelenting energy, compassion and commitment
- Celebrate success and make a positive impact everyday
- Inspire and champion a compelling vision for the future
Courage | we take bold actions to transform education
- Bring forward innovative, sustainable solutions
- Persist in the face of challenges and hold ourselves and our partners accountable
- Advocate for what is right through open dialogue, data and differing viewpoints
Empower | we believe in everyone’s potential
- Think big and challenge ourselves and others to set high expectations
- Value and learn from a diverse set of perspectives, skills and experiences
- Foster a culture of learning, building on success, learning from failure, and getting better every day
Partner | we achieve more together
- Cultivate strong relationships that create more impactful results than any individual effort
- Engage in communities through leadership and service
- Lift each other through our actions every day, united in our belief that all students deserve an equal opportunity to succeed